Monday, November 8, 2010

Trying to be girlie!

Ok so every time I have a baby I always seem to go through this transition period where I am feeling fat (ok that never see ms to go away because I have a hell of a time trying to get off the baby weight), frumpy, like a burp cloth, and so on and so forth. I always put my kids first and me well last and I have gotten to the point where I couldn't do it anymore. I am having to stay inside my house a lot with Carlyle to keep him healthly and strong and that makes things seem so much harder. I am one who needs to get out and get some fresh air. So he just turned 6 months (I can't believe it) and I am still wearing maturnity clothes and I said enough is enough and Dan got me some nice new things to wear and I have set out a goal that I am going to get showered and dressed in non sweets and get some makeuphair done before noon...ok ok before the kids get home from school.
For anyone with kids I am sure they understand the real difficultly of this goal, but I did not take into consideration all the other things that I have to be worried about. Like not letting the baby wipe his hands on my when I am feeding him. Ok not to bad but then there are the little things that you so easily forget about. Don't rub your eyes with makeup on. You can not just put a rubberband in you hair. The baby loves to play with my jewerly but can't seem to take a nap if I am wearing it. Don't let him put on it or it will break.
So a simple thing of trying to be girlie has turned into more of a job then anything else but I have to admit that definetily makes me feel more like a girl and a little less like a frumpy nanny. So another rant from Janaea about her insane thoughts while living in a tiny tiny town.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Janaea, I know what you mean but I chose a buzz cut haircut for myself and my uniform is trainer pants and a long shirt. It's not at all pretty but it's cheaper. :D works for me.

Tara Schwab said...

Love that goal. I want to be better about getting makeup on and hair done.
One shortcut that works for me, earrings. Every day, put on earrings. Amazing how they make you feel different.

Anonymous said...

ha ha just kidding, hope your doing well, you are such a fun mom with your kids!